How To Participate
The Swale Watchers are a group of dedicated volunteers and are always open to new people joining our cause.
- Join a committee: we have a strategic team and a communication team that both meet via zoom a few times a year. Contact us at the form below if you are interested in participating.
- Not ready to commit to a committee? Whatever your capacity or interest, get in touch and we can chat about how you can participate.
- Subscribe to our mailing list! Use the form below.
- Contact your elected officials—city councillor, MLA, and MP—and tell them why we should protect the Swales.
- Help us learn more about the Swales by participating in community science at the links below.
Want to collect and contribute to the scientific data about the Swales? Consider participating in community science projects! When the public collects data and shares it through iNaturalist or eBird, it supports evidenced-based decision-making and advocacy. Your data will allow us and others to understand and monitor what species exist in and around the Swales throughout the seasons and over the years.
How to use iNaturalist
How to use eBird
Northeast Swale Ebird
Small Swale Ebird
Northeast Swale iNaturalist
Small Swale Inaturalist
Get in touch with us
The Swale Watchers gratefully acknowledge that we live and work on Treaty Six territory and the homeland of the Metis Nation.
© 2023 Swale Watchers
Photos By: Muhammad Zain Ul Abideen & Meghan Mickelson